• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1 gig on the Kg7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i am just wondering how high people got their 1 gig ECC Registered RAM up to?

I've never played with overclocking 1Gig Registered ECC sticks before, (Only time I've worked with them has been in RS/6000 machines, How the H#*@ do you overclock one of those??? :D) but I would assume that if they are rated fairly well, they could be overclocked. Who manufactured the ones you have and what speed/CAS are they rated for?
Peace
John

From past experience with crucial memory, most of the PC2100 stuff usually makes it pretty close to PC2400 if not better. I'm not sure if this holds true with the ECC Registered DIMMs or not, but the only way to find out for sure is to try, right? Let us know your results!
Peace
John

Ummm... Is there an AIX Folding Client??? Since I'm one of the admins for the State of Iowa, I could load it up on over a hundred RS/6000 servers to run outside business hours or something... That'd be something productive... :D
Peace
John

You can try using 2 X 512Mb CAS1.3 PC2700 MT. I think they are from MICRON. When you fill up on sticks you will start to get a capacitance problem that will limit your FSB & with ECC it'll be slower.

Back