• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Found K-HX in box in closet. What kind of 2-2-2 is it ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ryanmartini

Found this stick of RAM. I kn ow that it runs fine but I didnt want to oc it incase I didnt know what voltages it could handle.

PIC:
im001148large0wv.jpg

That's Kingston HyperX, CL2. rated at 2.6V (as seen on the photo), so probably could go 2.8/2.9V safely.

Why do you say its ch-5? Did you remove the spreader or are you guessing?

Per this list it should be bh5 and if its not, then the list is wrong and that is why I am very curious as to how you've decided its ch5. I use this list alot and would like to know if it contains errors.

http://mar.h0sted.org/ramliste250804.htm

By the way, if bh5 then it can take 3.6v and more, as long as you are cooling with a fan, after all, that is basically what UTT stuff like the OCZ VX or the Mushkin Redline is, new production based on the old Winbond and the new stuff is rated to operate at 3.5v by both Mushkin and OCZ. You are not going to hurt it any by feeding it high doses of Vitamin "V".

Reefa_Madness said:
Why do you say its ch-5? Did you remove the spreader or are you guessing?

Per this list it should be bh5 and if its not, then the list is wrong and that is why I am very curious as to how you've decided its ch5. I use this list alot and would like to know if it contains errors.

http://mar.h0sted.org/ramliste250804.htm

By the way, if bh5 then it can take 3.6v and more, as long as you are cooling with a fan, after all, that is basically what UTT stuff like the OCZ VX or the Mushkin Redline is, new production based on the old Winbond and the new stuff is rated to operate at 3.5v by both Mushkin and OCZ. You are not going to hurt it any by feeding it high doses of Vitamin "V".

I had searched google for the model # 9xxxx and an old thread at xtremeoverclocking forums came up with my model number saying it was ch-5. Thanks for the link.

Edit: Now I dont want to get rid of it =( Maybe I can finda nother stick to match the set, doubtful but ill try.

That stick should be bh-5 based, anyways, I sure hope so because I've got 8 just like it. :)

Are you a member of XS? I believe that one of the guys there posted a for sale for one just today, asking $45.

If you are not a member, but are interested, I could try to arrange it for you, where you pay him and he ships directly to you.

Still available, but it is a PC3500 stick. Not that it matters, as its BH-5 based as well because its one of the first (check list).

Pic of stick is attached. Let me know if you want me to follow up on this.

Attachments

• ForSale091.jpeg
    ForSale091.jpeg
    69.3 KB · Views: 90
I suspect you posted before your last PM so unless I hear back on this I'm going with the notion that you are no longer interested.

Back