• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What ram should i get ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

loydchristmas

My current build is :

Dfi LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR
3700+ San Diego
ASUS 7800GTX

Money isn't a big concern but im not trying to go overkill. Looking for 2x512mb modules. And i will be OCing in the future but not short term.

Any suggestions would help greatly.

definately OCZ Platinum rev2. in short term (no overclock), you'll benefit from ultra-low 2-2-2-5 timing, and in long term, you can be assured to reach up to 300mhz 1:1 with 2.5-4-4-10 or so timing.

and you can get this with 2.8V, so no need to overstress the 5V mosfets on your DFI board.

I'm really like the redlines xp4000's I'm running now. I'm using 3.3v and running them at 250fsb and 2.5-2-2 timings. The timings would obviously be tighter on an AMD system. I'm tried OCZ plat rev2's TCCD and SPII UTT's, and the redlines are by far the best performing out of the three.

datura, maybe i'm wrong, but i thought 300mhz @ 2.5-4-4-8 gives better performance than 250mhz @ 2.5-2-2-5? I doubt tigher timings could make up for a 50mhz boost in memory speed.

Back