• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Redline XP4000 Performance Info?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreammmatt

Hey, I was wondering what speeds people are seeing with the PC4000 Redline modules from Mushkin. They are rated at 250MHz at Cas2, so I was wondering how high they can go with tight timings.

This is going to help me decide between a Venice 3000+ or a 3200+ to go in a DFI UT Ultra-D, so recommendations pertaining to that are appreciated. [Because it's my understanding that people have bad luck when trying to use a memory divider :shrug: and I'm going to be waterchilling...so I want the CPU speed to get on up there...]

Thanx
Dreammmatt

I can go 265 with my PC3200 Redlines...... the PC4000 can go further. The best UTT on the market right now if you ask me. I'm hoping some BH-die memory gets that good of a reputation soon.

I just bought 3200 Redlines, will I be disappointed? I wanted to buy the Geil Ultra-X hand picked BH-5s but they cost a lot more :S

HousERaT said:
I can go 265 with my PC3200 Redlines...... the PC4000 can go further. The best UTT on the market right now if you ask me. I'm hoping some BH-die memory gets that good of a reputation soon.

You also have a set of gold there ;)

[Because it's my understanding that people have bad luck when trying to use a memory divider

That may have been true with the 32-bit systems, but it's certainly not true with the A64's! You won't see any performance hit until you start using a divider lower than 166.

Blooz1 said:
That may have been true with the 32-bit systems, but it's certainly not true with the A64's! You won't see any performance hit until you start using a divider lower than 166.

When I say bad luck, i'm not talking about performance hits - i realize that there is no such thing as true 1:1 as there was in the AXP - what I'm talking about are the people with DFI and Asus boards who are saying that once u try and use a divider the system becomes unstable.

Back