• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

More problems.. ic7-g

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ritek

ok well today i was playing some BF2 with some of my buds when my computer just randomly shut down. I turned it back on and now it doesnt POST. This is what i've done so far.

Checked:
Ram
PSU
Video Card
Sound Card
CD Roms
HDD

Only thing left is of course the mobo and CPU. Now i have an abit ic7-g, and theres those 2 lights on the mobo that say its getting power.. both of those are on.

It will NOT post for the love of god. I took the ram out and waited for the beep.. but none came. :bang head

So what do you guys think? You agree its my mobo or could it be my CPU?

EDIT: oh BTW i did clear my CMOS and nothing happened.

Unfortunately, it could be either the motherboard or the cpu. Do you have another cpu you can test with? That would be the only way of knowing for sure.

no i dont have another cpu to test with :shrug:

I'm just gonna go ahead and hope that it is the mobo..

anyone have any experience with abit's RMA?

k i went and borrowed a friends CPU ha.. and it still wouldnt post. So i guess im gonna RMA this baby. Wish me luck

Look for a burnt MOSFET in the PWM area, like this...

burnt_ic7g.jpg

That's what happened to me while Priming my 3.2 Pressie at 4.0 with 1.6 vcore!

my voltages were like 1.575 vcore 2.6 vdimm and i believe standard aGP/PCI volts.

i just shipped my board off to abit.. today.. lets see how long it takes.

Back