• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Optimizer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreamtfk

I see so many programs on the net that promise improved performance freeing up memory but do any of these programs actually work? If so, which ones are the best ones to use?

they dont' really work. Back in teh days of Win98 and ME< they were a godsend for people with low RAM, as windows memory management back then was horrible. Nowadays, they aren't needed. Windows/Linux memory management is a LOT better.

When EQ2 first came out it had terrible memory leaks, so I got Memturbo 3.0 in the hopes it would help free memory. It helped a little, I didnt have to restart the game as often. They fixed the issues later and it wasnt needed anymore. Have not used it since then.

LOL, flashbacks of 'Ram Doubler' come to mind. I remember mountains of those software boxes at CompUSA back in the 386/486 days.

Anyway, the best memory management 'program' out there is cleaning up your startup folder and cutting down on those task tray icons!

Back