• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Patriot XBLK Errors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CGR

I just got my Patriot memory

This one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820220033

One thing I noticed is it has a red PCB not green like most people say it has.

When I ran memtest it came up with many errors from test 6 on. Ran the test twice to be sure and it had errors both times. I then put my Hyperx back in and ran memtest with no errors.

Should I RMA the mem and hope to get another pack with no errors?

Thanks

The newer stuff has a red PCB and did you memtest 1 stick at a time to see if only 1 stick is bad?

Bump up the voltage to 2.7 V and try again. I have 2 gigs of this and I'm running 300MHz 1:1 2.5-4-3-9-1T on both. They need 2.9V to hit 300MHz though.

However, I'd suggest 2.7 first and slowly bump it up. Note that not all modules hit 300Mhz. I just got very very lucky.

The errors start after it hits 973mb so I assume its one stick. It was a dual pack so if one is bad i would have to RMA both to get another dual pack.

The voltage I have to them is their default voltage the system is not OCed at the moment.

ryanmartini said:
Dont know why you got them myself. That bh-5 ought to do very nice in games. Latency is king in games. to me it isnt worth the switch.

The BH5 needs high voltage for OCing, which my board cannot do itself and I cannot use my OCZ booster because it wont clear the Hyperx modules. Also when I ran Sandra on the PDP they did almost 700mb more than the HyperX with no OCing.

Super Nade said:
It's not BH-5. It has TCCD chips.

Run the tests I suggested and let me know if you still have problems.

The max voltage on this board is 2.7, I have not tried to install my booster yet with this mem due to getting the mem errors.
I will try upping the volts to 2.7 and running memtest again. THough when not OCing I shoudlnt be getting any errors on the mems spec voltage.

Ok I bumped the voltage to 2.7 ran memtest and got a lot of errors. Then I tried both sticks separately, one passed the other had a lot of errors. So I guess one stick is bad and I need to RMA the pack.

Thanks SN. Newegg shouldnt have a problem RMAing them, but thank you for the PDP contact info.

Back