• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ebay problem. Advice please...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thefly

I've purchased an item from ebay. the auction ended 03/08/2005. It's is now 07/08/2005. The problem is, i am unable to pay for the item due to the sellers paypal account being disabled. I get the error message "Error Detected
This recipient is currently unable to receive money."

I've contacted the seller and he knows about the problem. He said he would have it fixed the next day. It's not about 4 days later and the problem remains.

Is it possible to cancel this purchase via ebay? The Item in question is a 7 dollar replacement cell phone battery.

I've emailed the seller 3 times and he's only responded once. I've also contacted one of the sellers previous buyers and he's never gotten the goods he paid for.

Should I just wait and see what happens? or are there other options.

Regards.

DO NOT GO THRU WITH THE TRANSACTION!!!

Repeat the first line!! 10 times

There is a problem with the sellers Paypal account USUALLY because he has Shafted OTHER people by not sending the items!!

What is the sellers feedback?, look at all the comments, something tells me he has quite a few negatives there.

Go buy the battery from someone else with a good reputation, lots of good feedback, and FEW negatives if ANY at all.

Looks like you got lucky in some way. If you can't make payment. Well don't, he is no longer a member and it should not count towards your rating there. You can't make a deal on Ebay if the member don't exist.

If you choose to deal with him outside of Ebay, you are accepting that risk. Try and find a similar product and hope the deal is what you are looking for.

If your are still concerned contact Ebay. Since you have no loss, I would assume you are all good.

If the seller does not have a valid account on ebay, he/she cannot leave feedback.

This reminds me of a seller from 4 years ago, won and paid for an item very quickly, within 30 min. of the end of the auction. He email me that he'll send it when he gets back to work because he's sick. Well a month and 8 emails later he says that he shipped the item but it was lost by the post office, he will have to make a claim in order to replace the item. I asked for a tracking number to see if he had even shipped it and he declined to provide it.

It was at that point that I made a claim with both ebay , paypal , and my credit card company.
What a joke!!!!, he started reciving a bunch of negative feedback all of a sudden, Hmmmmmm.
I left him negative feedback, he in turn left me bad feedback saying "customer has unrealistic expectations"

He seller soon had his account pulled by ebay and listed as "not a registered user"

I tracked him down by virtue of his company name in his email, what a loser!!

TO date he is the only person who has left me bad feedback in over 700 ebay transactions.

Feel lucky that

1. It was only $7
2. You did NOT pay the dude

Thanks for the responces. :)

So it's okay if i don't pay and just forget about this deal? He's still got things listed on ebay. I'd guess he's going to leave negative feedback for me.

seller: cellbatt

You need to decide if a negative feedback is worth more than the $7.

If it were me, I'd pay, and leave a bad feedback, if it never showed up. It's only $7, and I have a 100% good feedback.

What you need to do, is check people's feedback BEFORE you bid. I checked this guy's, and he had a bad report (or more) in each of the newest 7 pages of his feedback.

steve

skou said:
You need to decide if a negative feedback is worth more than the $7.

If it were me, I'd pay, and leave a bad feedback, if it never showed up. It's only $7, and I have a 100% good feedback.

What you need to do, is check people's feedback BEFORE you bid. I checked this guy's, and he had a bad report (or more) in each of the newest 7 pages of his feedback.

steve

An update to this.

I finally recieved my FIRST non-positive feedback!

I bought a "parts" laptop, from a guy. He shipped it in a USPS flat-rate box. (no prob, I use the same boxes) However, he packed it with a tiny piece of (popped) bubble-wrap, and a handful (small) of shredded paper. The packing was just stuck in the box, it wasn't wrapped around the lappy. (wasn't big enough, though) This was his first Ebay deal, so I'm lucky it even came. (It was only $18, plus $20 for shipping)

So, I left a negative feedback, for very poor packing.

He hadn't left me any feedback, before the lappy shipped, but he did, after I left feedback. Fortunately, he used some mis-spelled (to get around a swear filter) foul words. I requested a removal of feedback because of foul language, last night, and it was gone in 2 hours.

So, you CAN get negative feedback removed, but only if it has foul language in it.

Oh, the other ID10T, has a -1 rating right now.

steve

skou said:
An update to this.

I finally recieved my FIRST non-positive feedback!

I bought a "parts" laptop, from a guy. He shipped it in a USPS flat-rate box. (no prob, I use the same boxes) However, he packed it with a tiny piece of (popped) bubble-wrap, and a handful (small) of shredded paper. The packing was just stuck in the box, it wasn't wrapped around the lappy. (wasn't big enough, though) This was his first Ebay deal, so I'm lucky it even came. (It was only $18, plus $20 for shipping)

So, I left a negative feedback, for very poor packing.

He hadn't left me any feedback, before the lappy shipped, but he did, after I left feedback. Fortunately, he used some mis-spelled (to get around a swear filter) foul words. I requested a removal of feedback because of foul language, last night, and it was gone in 2 hours.

So, you CAN get negative feedback removed, but only if it has foul language in it.

Oh, the other ID10T, has a -1 rating right now.

steve

haha. nice. I've fortunatly never gotten a negative feedback out of all the transactions (probably close to 100 now) I've done on ebay.

thefly said:
Thanks for the responces. :)

So it's okay if i don't pay and just forget about this deal? He's still got things listed on ebay. I'd guess he's going to leave negative feedback for me.

seller: cellbatt

I'm not sure why he would. You tried to pay him, he said he'd fix it. I had a similar situation happen to me. This guys paypal was broken somehow and I couldn't pay. I just told him to let me know when it was fixed and I'd send the money. We both just kind of blew it off. No one has to leave feedback, after all.

Back