• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memory choice HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

urbanlegend213

Registered
ok so i am a n00b and i am totally stumped on what kind of memory i should run on my an8 ultra motherboard.....

1)pc3200
2)pc2700
3)pc2100

???????
thanks....

Ehm, what about the memory in your sig? Why would you want anything else, its great!

Anyway, I have the Abit AN8 SLI, which kinda uses the same BIOSes as your board, so far I have been using Crucial BallistiX memory, and its been great.

People say this board is pretty picky when it comes to memory, but Corsair XL, GEIL UltraX and the OCZ Gold Gamer memory (PC3500) did all run pretty well.

Just dont buy anything lower than PC3200 (DDR400). Anything higher (PC3700, PC4000 etc) will be fine. It depends on how much you want to spend. If you dont want to overclock and just want some stable memory, any of the "Value" series from either brand will do. Corsair, Kingston and Crucial all have great value RAM. But regular Infineon or Samsung Dual Channel Kits (either 1GB or 2GB) will do.

If you want to overclock you should invest some time into research, before making a choice. There are so many possibilities, its sometimes hard to find the stuff that suits your needs the most. For a quick recommendation, Crucial BallistiX (either 3200 or 4000), OCZ EL platinum or VX, Geil UltraX, Mushkin redline, all are great.

Back