• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for a hdd mp3 player

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ciffer

i would like to get an mp3 player to dump all of my music onto (15 gigs and growing) i'm not a fan of apple, any suggestions on what a good option is?

Creative Zen Touch/Zen Xtra. Uses 2.5" Laptop harddrives, I had one, until it broke, now I have the 40gb harddrive from it :)

Ciffer said:
how is the interface and controls on those? how about software and over all function

Its great. The touch uses a front-based scrolling and menu movement, and the xtra uses a side scroll-wheel esque thing. It's a rotating switch, moves up and down, and clicks in.

Ciffer said:
i'm not a fan of apple

good! my 3rd gen has been giving me all sorts of trouble. ive had it for a year and it has broke about 3 times... i'm not sure but they probably improved from then.

the upside on this is their nice warranty, just send the ipod in/go to the apple store and they'll give you a replacement... which will break in about a few months!!

i'd recommend something along creative or the iriver since i know people who have them and they seem pretty satisfied.

whats important to you?

size
price
software
features
capacity
accesories

NaNaBLaze01, what problems did you have? I know more than 5 people who have had ipods for much more than a few months. one of them bought one after he had a bad experience with a creative zen.

if you're going to go creative, i think the new zen sleek is a much better option than the zen or the zen touch.

Last edited:
Back