• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Many AI7 Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Midnight Dream

OSPF Loving Member
Ok, so here is the deal. I got an AI7 not long ago, and it seems to be foobaring on me. Some is windows issues I know, cause the problem is not in Linux.

Main thing right now is the sound. In windows, I cant do any decent gaming or anything, because the onboard audio is HORRIBLE. It seems to act as if its operating in a multi-channel mode, even though I have everything set to headphones (provided software, windows, everything). But, nothing comes out of the other channels at all. When in games, audio is incredibly low, and I cant hear anything directly in front of me (which is where most of the audio comes from). Example: In Halo, I dont hear gunshots, I dont hear vehicles, nothing. I just hear the ambience. Not even enemies. Just ambience. I dont know how to fix it.

Latest audio drivers already, and its not the onboard audio, because it works crystal clear in Linux, and I can specify 2, 4, or 6 channel, no problem.

make sure you track down all the settings in windows and in games. i use headphones with my rig and it could be a pain sometimes. also make sure it's connected to the correct output (light green). avoid software audio - i noticed some games set it to software by default with that board.

I have found the AI7 onboard audio to be pretty rudimentary. With good ad-in sound cards being so cheap these days, I gave up on it.

I have a dell soundblaster live! card, but I was not able to get to drivers at the time, so I had to go with what I had.

mcoleg, I had everything set to hardware, I had all the settings in windows to stereo headphones, I had the mic and input plugged in only, and still, it was absolutely horrible.

Back