• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which is better ram???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sean Costello said:
i dont know which is better
This OCZ

or this coasir

i wanna say the OCZ cause its timings are 2-2-2-5

thanks

I think you are right. The OCZ would definately be the better choice as it has 5-2-2-2 timings, lower price, and includes 15MIR at this time.:)

The OCZ Gold is new BH-5. It requires 2.8v to run 2-2-2-5 but it will be able to maintain those timings up to 250mhz (possibly 265) w/ your DFI mobo & 3.3v-3.5v. Much better choice than the 3-3-3-8 Corsair.

Well, I'm still learning this stuff too, soo... :)

BH-5 is a type of chip made by Winbond used on the ram stick. It is able to run high speeds at tight timings, but requires more voltage than most stock motherboards can supply.

VX is a OCZ label that describes another of their UTT type of memory chips. AFAIK, the VX stands for Value eXtreme voltage - or something similiar.

See in the attachment the number in the lower left that ends in BH-5? That's one of many different types such as BH-6, CH-5, CH-6, TCCD, TCC4, TCC5, etc. Hope that helps.

EDIT: Sorry about the BF pic - why didn't it thumbnail?

Attachments

• WinbondBH5.gif
    WinbondBH5.gif
    180.3 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Back