• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dually temperature monitoring software?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eaglescouter

Frustrating Senior SETI Nut!
What tool/app/software do you reccomend for monitoring temperatures on your dually rigs?

MBM is nice but is limited in the number of temperature readouts it provides, not really designed for a dually (at least not without tweaking/modding).

If it matters I'm running a Dual Opteron on a Tyan S2892 (Thunder K8SE)

eaglescouter said:
What tool/app/software do you reccomend for monitoring temperatures on your dually rigs?

MBM is nice but is limited in the number of temperature readouts it provides, not really designed for a dually (at least not without tweaking/modding).

If it matters I'm running a Dual Opteron on a Tyan S2892 (Thunder K8SE)

I am confused. I am using MBM5 for my duallie and it works just fine.

Kendan said:
I am confused. I am using MBM5 for my duallie and it works just fine.

Then I must be confused because it only shows:

Speed of 1 CPU
3 Temperature sensors (with 9 choices of what to monitor, all but 3 selections report negative temperatures)
3 Fan speed sensors

Tebore said:
Yeh but you got a MSI K7 Dually. MBM5 stopped updating for newer boards for almost a year now so there's no support for the board eagle listed.

That would be it. That really sucks :(

Kendan said:
That would be it. That really sucks :(

The choices:

MBM5 - my favorite, but as stated, it often doesn't work on a lot of new motherboards.. some people figure out how to get em running tho.. check the MBM forums and try 2cpu to see if someone has a working configuration for the K8SE

Speedfan - sometimes works for people.. no experience with it..

Lavalys Everest - less used program, but one of the first to manage to get monitoring working on the Asus K8N and others...

I'd check the threads at 2cpu (start reading through the long ones.. either the ones in the mobo forum, or the extreme threads in the cases power and mod's forum)

Good luck

I was about to post the same question actually (I have the Asus K8N-DL). MBM doens't support it (as someone said) and when I used Lavalys Everest it didn't show the CPU temp for some reason. Speedfan works, but it takes roughtly 8 minutes to start up :( For some reason it takes forever to scan all the sensors.

link1305 said:
I was about to post the same question actually (I have the Asus K8N-DL). MBM doens't support it (as someone said) and when I used Lavalys Everest it didn't show the CPU temp for some reason. Speedfan works, but it takes roughtly 8 minutes to start up :( For some reason it takes forever to scan all the sensors.

Go to the Lavalys website, and find the forum.. there is a thread in there where they went back and forth with a user, and I BELIEVE that they found a solution, and offered it as a beta download until it is added to the real version...

Back