• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVD/VCR Combo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dNWakE

Well I have recently purchased this VCR/DVD Combo from radio shack and after I recklessly bought it, I went online to read reviews about since I was curious about it. Well about 80% of the reviews said that it was really crappy and should not buy it. I wanted to return it but I threw away the box (yeah im stupid). Now here is the problem, my mom really needs a vcr player and I bought this one after my old one broke. Should I buy a backup VCR player in case this one breaks? My mom would be really angry if she can not use the VCR player for like 1 day. So should I buy one in case this one breaks?

http://www.radioshack.com/product.a..._name=CTLG_003_003_002_000&product_id=16-3284

I have that same Samsung combo at my cabin and it's not bad for the money. I have it hooked up to a 36" Sony in 480p format and the picture looks good. Kind of slow when it comes to MP3's but I didn't want to spend much because my cabin has been robbed a few times. If you set on buying a anouther one check out the one JVC makes thats in that price range, my wife has one in her office and it's better than the Samsung IMO.

I'd just use it and not worry about a backup unit. You can't tell with electronics, whether they will last or not, unless there is obvious physical problems with the unit when you first look at it.

Back