• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help pls

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madhatR

ok my specs are in my sig ..

i have a really weird problem ..

i have my raptor which is my boot drive on sata port 3 .. and my 2 maxtors on sata ports 1 and 2 ... whenever i turn my pc off and back on .. my pc will just hang at detecting ide drives .. it finds the raptor .. but hangs on detecting sata 1 and 2 .. and i have to go in and reset the cmos .. ive swapped cables to make sure the cables werent bad and the same thing .. even swapped the ports the 2 maxtors were on .. and still the same thing .. its getting beyond annoying .. can anyone pls shed some light on this for me .. thanks

Are all the drives sata or are you using IDE-> Sata converters? If you are using IDE->Sata check to make sure you have the jumper right. Does the computer boot up with just the raptor installed? Try getting into windows with just the raptor then installing one storage drive at a time.

Back