• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monarch Warning!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rseven

I placed my first order with Monarch a couple of weeks ago, an OCZ ddr Booster. The price was very good and it arrived promptly. So far, so good. The booster turned out to be a bust on my board and ram. (Obviously, not their fault.) I requested an rma last Tuesday and have yet to receive a number and an approval. I have rec'd two rather stupid emails. One saying they didn't understand my7 request. (Guess I shouldn't have written it in Latin...lol) The next saying they were forwarding my request to the support department. (Why, I have no idea) Despite my 4 emails to them I am still waiting for some intelligent response. I don't think they are really stalling, just incompetent. Newegg, they are not! I will get the rma, but I just wanted folks to be warned about them. Thanks.

Yes, the product is fine, I guess, it did fit on my mobo with some difficulty. The thing is it did nothing to improve the stability or overclocking of my ram, hence, it is of no value to me. I believe those ar reasonable grounds for returning a product.

hence there is nothing wrong with the product and you shouldn't be RMaing it, and secondly, there is an invention called the telephone, works wonders, gets great results. And I'll even be so kind as to give it to you 1-800-611-0875

Well it sounds like the problem is they don't think your situation warrants an RMA. Whether or not it is, they appear to be unwilling to grant you an RMA. I think another vendor like Newegg would be justified to deny the return, so this isn't really a complaint against the vendor, just an unfortunate mistake.

rseven, I am rather purplexed on your thread.

You know that you could sell it here and avoid all the hoopla of the RMA. There is nothing wrong with the part and it just don't work to your needs. I am rather surpised reading this event. You are usually very centered and easy going. An "anti this" thread is rather unsual from you. For the price of the (15%?)restock. You could sell it here and might make a member happy and will give about the same amount of money in return. Maybe even trade it for something you can use.

How you conduct your transactions is wholey up to you, but this is a surprise.

I do not rma many things, but if I find a product does not perform to my expectations I think it's reasonable to return it. If they feel I am being unreasonable they should just tell me. What I find is unreasonable is there rather strange response for a refund request. I don't mind the 15% stocking fee and I would prefer to do that way than selling it myself. I just have never tried or cared to do that. I believe that reputable merchants do not hassle people who ask for a refund when they return the product and packin materials in like new condition. I do not believe that is an unreasonable expectation. I am rather surprised to hear all of you so accepting of this type of practice.
dicecca112 your sarcasm is neither warranted nor appreciated. I believe I have the choice as a customer to choose the way I communicate with a company. Generally, 800 numbers have long waits and I prefer to email them. At some point I can and will phone them.

When ever there is confusion and your unsatified. The phone is the best bet. I don't sell much or RMA much myself. If I have an issue I get on the horn, it helps quit a bit, and is most the time faster than an Email. I am not a phone person, and try and make stuff as smooth as I can. Sometimes the wait is for the best. The reading skills on the reciever of the email is not the best indication of the company on a whole.

Isn't there a Monarch rep in the forums here? I will see if I can find his SN and link it here.

Here is MonarchJoe's profile:
http://www.ocforums.com/member.php?userid=59839

dicecca112 said:
hence there is nothing wrong with the product and you shouldn't be RMaing it, and secondly, there is an invention called the telephone, works wonders, gets great results. And I'll even be so kind as to give it to you 1-800-611-0875
He has all the right to RMA it if he is unsatisfied with the product edit Even Newegg has "Unsatisfied" as a listed reason to return a product. Why keep something that has no value to you?

Do not do that again.

donny_paycheck

Last edited by a moderator:
Yoshpop,

Could you please edit out the slam on the other member. I would not rather have to wash my eyes out with soap...

Here at OCForums we even in disagreement don't bash each other. There is creative ways to express feelings without cussing or personal attacks.

Yoshpop, you may wish to take a look at the forum rules. Flaming is not allowed.

As for the RMA, consumers are within their rights to request a refund for a product for any reason, the retailers are within their rights to deny an RMA if the problem is not on their side :)

And personally I expect prompt replies (with a day or two) if I contact a company by email. Regardless of other methods of contacting a customer I would hope that contact by email would also prove a fruitful and timely method of communication :).

Well, I could not resolve the issue via email, however, it was resolved without a hitch over the phone. They were at a loss to explain what happened regarding the emails. Bow let me see how long it takes to get my account credited. All in all, this was far more hassle than it should have been. I will think twice before using them again.

yes monarch is much better on the phone, I have ordered ONCE from them and I was totally disatisified with them. The purchase resulted in an RMA and it took forever, then i called them on a monday since they recieved my RMA on the saturday before, they said they would do their best to ship it monday but definatly tuesday, i got an email friday that week LOL saying it shipped and I still had to wait another week for it to go from Georgia to Florida ????????
never again.

Mwave is awesome on the other hand, order on sunday, item arrives on wednesday.

Newegg is my other fav.

The only time I ever had to return something was with the D4 pump from dangerden. I called them up and said that I wanted to return it because it was annoying (high pitch noise) and they said just send it back and credited my account right away. I lost a few bucks shipping but no big deal. But online stores that have good customer service are the only places I buy stuff from.

Back