• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

eBay Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scott9027

I am trying to sell my Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop on eBay. My last two auctions were both ended early with Buy It Now! by people who were obvious scammers. They sent identical emails other than the names. Now my question is, how can I properly report this to eBay. Every way I have tried to contact them has led to a generic email or online forms, which do not communicate the real problem. Also, how can I be sure I get the listing fee refunded for these auctions? I don't think I should have to pay if the people ending my auction have no intention of paying.

Call Ebay up.Tell them the auction ID'sand seller username. Then email them cmmunication.

IIRC, ebay does not have a listed phone number (at least not one that is actually answered). Go to the Trust & Safety discussion board, and you should be able to find where to report scammers.

Laptops are one of the highest-fraud areas of the site.

EDIT: In future laptop listings, it would be a good idea to check Immediate Payment Required. That's not 100% protection against Paypal fraud, but it will do something to prevent people messing with your auctions. Also go into your Paypal account and check "only accept payment from Confirmed addresses".

Last edited:
Back