• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My timings are good or not?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

max_clock

I didnt understand very well what the timings. My current timings at the moment are 2.5/3/3/7
Im using DDR333 SpecTek wich seems to be a division of Micron.
What can I do with the timings?
PS: I have no possiblity tho change the memory voltage in the BIOS because my board doesnt have that function. It belongs to the X Series that is the cheapest from Asus.

You should be able to squeze few more MHz out that RAM without increasing Vdimm.

My suggestions would be to do it first without changing the timings at all but increase the freq slightly and see how far you can go while staying stable. Once you start getting errors increase the RAS to CAS timing from 3 to 4 (so it looks like this 2.5-4-3-7) which should give you more MHz and better stability.

Use memtest or SuperPI for stability testing!

Please be warned . That board has no pci/agp lock. By increasing the fsb you will be overclocking the hard drives, the video card and all of the pci cards. Yes, you can still overclock it, but it does mean you have less headroom than you would with the ability to lock the bus speed. When overclocking hard drives there is an increased chance of data corruption.

RedDragonXXX said:
You should be able to squeze few more MHz out that RAM without increasing Vdimm.

My suggestions would be to do it first without changing the timings at all but increase the freq slightly and see how far you can go while staying stable. Once you start getting errors increase the RAS to CAS timing from 3 to 4 (so it looks like this 2.5-4-3-7) which should give you more MHz and better stability.

Use memtest or SuperPI for stability testing!

Im running the memory at 350MHz, I dont know what is the limit of my memory, but I think it can do 366MHz with the stock Vdimm. The problem is the board that doesent have pci/agp bus lock. To run the memory at 366MHz my pci/agp bus will be running at 36 or 37Mhz, this can drive to hard disc corruption.
Also theres no option to adjust the timings to 2.5/4/3/7
The options avaliable are:

2.5/3/3/7

or

2.5/2/2/6

Last edited:
RedDragonXXX said:
How can you be running DDR333 RAM at 350MHz? And the timings that you provided above are for the CAS Latency/timing only.

My FSB setting is 175/35

175 x 2 = 350

The timings options are:

1.5 or 2 or 2.5 or 3 / 2 or 3 / 2 or 3 / 6 or 7 (I hope its more clear)

Back