• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My p5ad2-e premium is acting weird

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sp1k3

i have a p5ad2-e premium mobo and when i hook up my 2 cd rom drives when it gets to the windows boot screen it just freezes. The second i disconnect one of the drives it boots fine. I have both of my cdrom drives one pata cable to the blue port on the mobo. i dont know why its doing this and its making me angry! :mad: One is a dvd reader, and one is a cd-rw so i cant watch dvds if i have the cd-rw hooked up or i cant burn cds if i was watching a dvd previously, UNLESS i shutdown and unplug one or the other, and plug the one i want to use in. And the weird part is that the bios recognizes them both, so i dont know whats up. I know this seems like a stupid question, but its really giving me trouble.

Thanks Sp1k3

Last edited:
Sp1k3 said:
i have a p5ad2-e premium mobo and when i hook up my 2 cd rom drives when it gets to the windows boot screen it just freezes. The second i disconnect one of the drives it boots fine. I have both of my cdrom drives one pata cable to the blue port on the mobo. i dont know why its doing this and its making me angry! :mad: One is a dvd reader, and one is a cd-rw so i cant watch dvds if i have the cd-rw hooked up or i cant burn cds if i was watching a dvd previously, UNLESS i shutdown and unplug one or the other, and plug the one i want to use in. And the weird part is that the bios recognizes them both, so i dont know whats up. I know this seems like a stupid question, but its really giving me trouble.

Thanks Sp1k3

check the position of the jumpers on the back of the drives....I think they should both be set to "CS" for case select...worth a try anyway.

gl

invisible hand said:
check the position of the jumpers on the back of the drives....I think they should both be set to "CS" for case select...worth a try anyway.

gl

ALAS! It didnt work. And i even tryed setting them in master, and slave, which didn't work. So i just ended up disconnecting my dvd drive. I got tired of trying to get it work. I need some help please.

Sp1k3 said:
ALAS! It didnt work. And i even tryed setting them in master, and slave, which didn't work. So i just ended up disconnecting my dvd drive. I got tired of trying to get it work. I need some help please.

Try connecting the cable their both on to one of the red connectors. Make sure the jumbers are on Cable select.

Ok, i thought that might work, but i thought to try it before but my pata cable aint long enough to reach down their :-/ but ill figure it out, if i have to use an old ribbon cable. :)

Right now im running both on cs mode as you all told me to. And windows and bios yet again only recognizes one of them, and that is the cd-rw drive.But the strange part is, that they both have power and both can eject their trays. So that means i must have something wrong set in the bios. I also tried both red slots, which only seemed to only see one in the bios. Thanks for your support so far guys, almost there :).

When you have them connected to the red connector, set the jumper of the drive at the end of the cable as master, and the second drive on the middle connector as slave. Correct me if I'm wrong, but these red connectors are for the ITE controller, make sure in the bios the ITE conrtoller is enabled and not in RAID mode. It should work.......

Thanks RangerXLT8! That worked. Although i had to run them outside of my case because my pata cord is to short :-/ so i need to order one from newegg.

Back