• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question for 4x512=2gb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theELVISCERATOR

Ok you mem experts..I need to upgrade for bf2.

If I just get two more sticks of my current ram for 4x512 what performance changes will my settings require right off the bat?

currently running 250FSB at 2.5-4-4-8

Will i just need to change to 2T?

You won't need to chage to 2T since it will do that automatically and other then that you will be fine unless you want to do some more tweaking.

Even though these are exactly same sticks I always like to reset the CMOS before I install new RAM/CPU just to stay on the safe side. Others will disagree but that's just how I do it.

I just read somewhere else that intel boards can handle 1T, its amd controlllers that must run the 2T timings...all so confusing sometimes........

I will prob reset cmos and run spd timings to boot up...then try tightening them up of course...

You shouldn't have a problem on an Intel system. They have much more stable (although slower) memory controllers than A64 based systems. There really isn't any performance hit or other memory issues when going to 4 sticks. You always run the risk of slowing up your timings but, if you have headroom on your current pair you should be fine (provided you buy the same pair).

Back