• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x800xt rebooting my computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scythe47

Registered
Hi,
just bought a x800xt 256 meg ram and installed it. Works fine but sometimes when switching resolutions, mostly ingame, it reboots my system, a real hard reboot. Ive got a 15´ TFT and running 1024x768. Is this a driverproblem or hardware?

/thx

Its hard to say, without more information. With my X700, my pc would hard reboot when you tried to wake it up. It turned out to be a driver issue. Perhaps try the omega drivers?

www.omegacorner.com

All else I can think of is, maybe your power supply is insufficient? But that doesn't seem to fit the problem.

Thought about the power issue too but it´s no problem when playing and I´ve run 3dmark05 without any problems so I guess it´s not a problem. I´ll try the omega drivers and post later. Thx for the advice!

Tested the Omega drivers with the same result so I guess its not driver related. I´m running a Abit AG8, p4 2.8, 2 x 512 Kingston pc3200 400. Nothing is tweaked or overclocked. My friend thought it might be an interrupt problem? Any clues?

I ran my old Geforce6600 two days ago before the switch to the new one without any problems so it´s definetly the new card or drivers. Also GTA-SA won´t start with the new card, no error message or anything, most peculiar.

:shrug:

scythe47 said:
I ran my old Geforce6600 two days ago before the switch to the new one without any problems so it´s definetly the new card or drivers. Also GTA-SA won´t start with the new card, no error message or anything, most peculiar.

:shrug:

Time to reformat the HDD then reinstall Windows, because of changing the video card!!!

I had Windows lock up before after changing the video card, because of video driver information leftovers. :argue: :bang head

Back