• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Ti-84 Plus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

I just got a Ti-84+, since a few years ago someone snatched my 83+ SE from me, and I can't figure out how to load anything onto it! Perhaps I am missing something.... in fact I must be, and it must be big. After reading instructions many times, both Ti and a few sites I have visited say "navigate to the file you want to send, then click on it. Then go to file, and Send to: (your calculator's name)." But..... there is no send to calculator, unless they mean the send to menu with Send to Desktop (create shortcut), My Documents, ect., but I don't think they are since the calculator is not there. :shrug:

What am I missing? I feel horribly noobish right now.

Perhaps I should mention this, I am able to copy over files by dragging and dropping them into the Ti Device explorer, but the manual says nothing about this, and I am unable to execute any file I drop in. It has an "ERR:ARCHIVED" message.

When you installed the software, was the calculator connected? Was just thinking if the error is similar to Bluetooth installation. Just spawning, i prefer Casio most of the time, but i liked the ti81 my classmate had, more memory etc. :D

//Christian

Yea, the software first asks you what device you want to explore, before opening the TI explorer window.

Ohh, and the calc was free. :p

Are the files you are trying to load written for the 84? If they are programs they have to written specifficly for the 84.

Anopther thing it could be is they could be protected. Some older programs are locked because the person that wrote them, wrote a better program.

Are these files from another calc? Or are they programs you DL'd from TI?

Tried updating the calc? Saw some bios updates at TI's site for the 84.
And lucky you to get something like that free. :D

//Christian

Yea, I did that first, before I even looked into third party programs. Its the software I don't undetstand. Anyway... I'll try it out in Vista Beta, I have a friend who's uncle works for M$. :burn:

What i did to send programs on my 84 was drag files onto the "TI Connect" icon. It transfers them to the calculator and works fine.

Back