• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer Not Booting to Windows

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BiGhItTeR

Registered
Hello, lately I've been getting blue errors that freeze my computer and I've been restarting. Now it keeps rebooting itself before windows screen. I changed everything in bios back to default (temps were good before 44C cpu, 49C chipset, though) and reset the bios with jumpers. Checked and all connections are good, very little dust. It said after I reset bios with jumpers to put in windows cd-rom and use the repair function (this is when I click on safe mode, last known good configuration, as normal). Please help.

Specs:
athlon64 3000+ 939 winchester
2x512mb corsair pc4400
mge vigor 500w
thermaltake tsunami silver
74gb raptor
xp120 and 120mm red aspire
powercolor x800xl
dfi lanparty nf4 ultra

I'll put my money on the memory, Run memtest and get back on the results. If it's not the ram then check the PSU voltages make sure all your rails are within spect.

Yes, I also suggest you run memtest. It runs off a floppy disk, so if you get errors it's definitely related to your memory or CPU. If everything is fine in memtest, then you're likely dealing with a corrupted Windows installation or faulty hard drive. You should be able to run some hard drive diagnostics from a floppy as well. If all the checks are okay, you'll need to try to repair your Windows installation or reformat and reinstall. Good luck and let us know if you need to know how to do any of this.

Back