• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G. Skill memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkrebirth

Registered
I was planning to get two Patriot Signature Line 512MB PC-3200 DDR400 for 119, then i saw that anitec had G.Skill Extreme Series F1-3200PHU2-1GBZX (2x 512MB DDR400 Matched Pair, CAS 2-3-3-6) on sale for 139. And i thought hey is that ram good? It's only 20 dollars more. Anyone know anything about the G. Skill and how much better it is than that Patriot Ram.
Thanks.

where are you from darkrebirth. 139 seems high for that Gskills. and its not the gskills tccd that some might be thinking of, the GBZX is the value line, that uses IC's from local tiwanesee ic makers.

139 cad, i'm from Vancouver BC. GBZX is value line... i see.. So which would be better for that price. The patriot or the G.skill?

actually, how well will this run in a DFI Lanparty Nf4 ultra d? I read that it gets errors?

anyone know anything about the DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra D getting errors with G Skill ram?

I'd go with the patriot TCCD stuff if you can, it should be about the same price as the G.Skill and you'll be much better off as it's cas 2 2 2 5 timings. People have had very good luck with the patriot modules AFAIK.

the thing is, i don't know what kinda patriot i got? i think i have value kind. Let me check...PSD5124003 is its MFG part number...are u sure that has 2 2 2 5 timings?

i'm very close to getting these too. nice pricing at anitec...maybe i should stop by there sometime after work to pick it up, instead of ordering through newegg, through somebody else

i wish newegg would just ship to canada :( the offerings up here are pretty slim

Back