• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Worried about amd lawsuit against Intel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elec999

I am a bit worried about amds lawsuit against Intel. I dont dislike amd nor intel. They both offer great products. I just dont want to see amd gone, if anything goes wrong in the lawsuit.
hanks

elec999 said:
I am a bit worried about amds lawsuit against Intel. I dont dislike amd nor intel. They both offer great products. I just dont want to see amd gone, if anything goes wrong in the lawsuit.
hanks

amd isn't going anywhere, they are the only thing keeping intel out of monopoly court. intel controls like 90% of the market share , amd isn't even on their radar right now, i won't be surprised if intel buys this lawsuit out.

The worst that happens is Intel pays the $. They don't just take a company away with a lawsuit. A lawsuit is over money, you need to pay that money. Intel can.....

but if intel thinks they can win, and they do, then AMD could have wasted a lot of money.

I don't think either company is going any where. If AMD is spending too much money on legal expenses...hopefuly they will be smart enough to back down. We all konw that Intel has enough money if they lose. So, that is not even worth discussing.

Word around is that if amd loose they will need to pay money, that would make them go out of business.
Thanks

i know intel has a desposable income, but AMD,, hmm i don't know. i guess they may lose a few bucks, but not enough for bankruptcy... maybe they can pay the lawyers in a64 chips... or better yet flash drives

Mr_Fuchs said:
amd isn't going anywhere, they are the only thing keeping intel out of monopoly court. intel controls like 90% of the market share , amd isn't even on their radar right now, i won't be surprised if intel buys this lawsuit out.

Um, Intel is in monopoly court. You don't get in trouble for being a monopoly, you get in trouble for abusing your monopoly power to disadvantage fair trade.

There is a two part case here... First it has to be proven that intel is indeed a monopoly to the court, second, they have to show that they abused and unfairly manipulated this power. The first part should go AMD's way, the second part is MUCH harder.

AMD can prove that Intel is a monopoly and not win anything. Proving that they are a monopoly however, forces them to be held to different standards and tighter laws and restrictions. This could allow AMD to gain from their charges in the second part of the case.

The second part could be the Dell / Intel / Microsoft deal. Del is the largest computer maker in the world, and exclusively uses Intel chips and Microsoft only released the 64 bit windows when Intel released the 6xx series...

Back