• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wich memory is best to me?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mid0

Registered
Hello.. Wich memory is best to me??? I'll run one of these memorys in my A64 winnie [email protected] + DFI Lan Party Ut Nf4 Ultra-D. :)

1 - GeIL One BH Series DualChannel 1GB (2x512)DDR500 PC4000
2 - OCZ PC-4000 512MBx2 (1GB) EL DUAL CH GOLD VX EDITION
3 - Mushkin Redline XP4000 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR

thanks!

:welcome: to the forum, mid0.

Those are are all very similar modules and should give similar results. From what I've seen, the Mushkin might be a slightly better overclocker, but it's really a tossup. I haven't seen many results for Geil, but the differences between top of the line OCZ and Mushkin will be smaller than the difference between the best and worst modules in each line. It comes down to the luck of the draw, so if you have strong intuition, just go with whichever feels lucky. :)

Mushkin and OCZ are both well known for great CS, but OCZ has a slight edge there because they explicitly support overclocking.

One thing you might not be aware of is that even the best RAM will only get you a few percent better performance in real world aps. The A64's memory contoller is so good that memory is seldom a bottle neck. And there is no latency penalty for using a divider, so your RAM clock will not limit your CPU OC. If you didn't already know that, you might find this helpful:
http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=28&threadid=1475190&enterthread=y

Back