• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommend me a good tv card program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I use ATi TV Wonder Ve but using a generic btb878 driver and uVCR for capture. I've gotten far better result than I ever did using ATi driver and software. You may get a better answer about your video capture card or suggestion for new one over at www.videohelp.com

I really like beyond tv. I haven't been able to buy it, but the trial was great. If you can afford it, go for it.

OK beyond tv looks good and all, but i'm having some problems

i have the cable split to my tv and my computer from 1 box, when i have them both on they are totally in sync (with the bundled software)

but with this program the video is 3 seconds behind the audio which is DEVESTATING

thats a useless feature to me, i need it to be in sync --- i was able to keep it in sync and record tv (and play it later not resume like tivo) without this delay with the bundled software, i'd just stay with that but it doesnt utlize my widescreen lcd

Make sure that you have the correct inputs selected in beyond tv. It may be recording off of a different input that doesn't actually cary the tv sound. As for the delay itself, I think beyond tv should let you turn off time shifting, which is why the delay is there- it is constantly recording so that you can pause, rewind and ff just like a tivo.

Btw- what do you mean by "it doesn't utilize my widescreen lcd?" If the resolution is the problem, its not going to be fixed in any way, and if the aspect ratio is the problem, the sofware can't help it either, unless it would know where to crop the picture to get taht ratio, or it stretched the picture. Its still a normal tv signal coming into the computer, remember. It may actually look worse than on a normal tv because of the higher quality dispay. It shows all defects.

Back