• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celeron D 2.53 @ 3.78 FSB 200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hesperus

Registered
I had some old bits lying around that I decided to turn into a second computer.

New $99 Australian 2.53Gig Celeron D 478
ASUS P4P800 S SE 478
2x 256MB Hynix DDR 400
Crappy Saphire Rad 9250 128
4 gig HDD
450w Power supply
Floppy etc

I can get 10791 on cpu bench with the celeron and all I can get with my P4 2.6 @ 3.17 is high 8000's

I was amazed at the overclock that I have reached so far and I think I will get to 4gig then stop.

The problem that I have whether it is overclocked or not is that it won't boot properly from a floppy. When I try to run memtest it starts memtest and gets to the blue screen but just keeps rebooting and starting again in a never ending cycle.

I have used sisoft sandra and the highest temp I reached with a v core of 1.50 volts was 55'C as per Asus probe.

Anyone had similar problems, it is a floppy from an old p1 166 but floppy drives that old are still usable aren't they.

Thanks,
Mat

Hesperus said:
The problem that I have whether it is overclocked or not is that it won't boot properly from a floppy. When I try to run memtest it starts memtest and gets to the blue screen but just keeps rebooting and starting again in a never ending cycle.
It sounds to me like the machine is booting just fine, just that memtesting is crashing. Make a dos boot disk and seperate the two events to make it clear what is really going wrong here.

There isn't anything here specific to Asus mb's, so I am moving this to general hardware.

Back