• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Rev2 or Patriot ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ochungry

Yes I believe that Patriot still uses Samsung/TCCD's on their XBL's. Both of these choices are great but with TCCD's you will have better chance of running DDR600 with tighter timings such as 2.5-3-3-7 and with slightly lower voltages, around 2.8-2.9V on Vdimm. This is not guaranteed but its but you will have better chance with TCCD's as compared to TCC5's which like looser timings, specifically on RAS to CAS and higher Vdimm.

RedDragonXXX said:
Yes I believe that Patriot still uses Samsung/TCCD's on their XBL's. Both of these choices are great but with TCCD's you will have better chance of running DDR600 with tighter timings such as 2.5-3-3-7 and with slightly lower voltages, around 2.8-2.9V on Vdimm. This is not guaranteed but its but you will have better chance with TCCD's as compared to TCC5's which like looser timings, specifically on RAS to CAS and higher Vdimm.

I am sold. Thanks for recommendation. I know OCZ rev2 is a very good Ram and was going to buy it. then I saw Patriot w/ the same timing but lower voltage and $10 less. and if you say it is TCCD, then I will definitely buy it.
Thanks.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
that patriot is TCCD, and its infact some of the BEST TCCD OUT THERE! in a review done by madshrimps it does better then even high end G.skills. its good stuff ask anyone whose had it.

Thank you "CCUABIDE", definitely buying patriot.

ochungry said:
I am sold. Thanks for recommendation. I know OCZ rev2 is a very good Ram and was going to buy it. then I saw Patriot w/ the same timing but lower voltage and $10 less. and if you say it is TCCD, then I will definitely buy it.
Thanks.

NP, always glad to help :thup:

RAMMAN said:
ocz rev2 is better.

Thanks "RAMMAN". Its a toss up. But I think I am going w/ patriot since others say it's TCCD, and $10 cheaper.
But I maybe taking a chance here, because OCZ has giving many good reviews everywhere and is the choice when benchmarking other hardwares requiring mobo/ram,etc..
will see.

Back