• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI 865 questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wwing49

Are there any known droops that are really bad? Also, I just got some OCZ PC3200 Plat. Rev. 2 and I hear its best at 3.0V and can do speeds up to 275ish. This board only goes to 2.9V in the bios, would the OCZ DDR booster be of service to me?

Im not looking for anything, I have the 865 (in my sig, gotta change the ram tho). I just installed the OCZ EL PC3200 Plat. Rev. 2 which I hear loves 3.0V. Currently the bios only goes up to 2.9V max for the memory. I was wondering if getting the OCZ DDR booster would help, and if there were any Droop mods, cap mods etc. That I could do.

I see. At first I thought you were just looking to buy one. While I can't give you much on the memory, you could check out droop conditions with a hardware monitoring tool. Does the board come with a utility to watch voltages?

Yea, hardware doctor, most seem rock solid +- .05V. But I duno what 5VSB and VBAT are, or waht they should be.

+- .05v as in...if the voltage were 1.4v, you see it everywhere from 1.45 to 1.35? That would be a droop problem. If you just mean .05v like 1.425 to 1.375, that's still a little more play than you'd like.

The 865 chipsets, unfortunately, really aren't built for the current draw that the Prescotts want. Drooping on these platforms is very common. I can't seem to find a vdroop guide on Google, though...

Well, this only further makes me want to buy my dream rig.
P5WD2 w/ 640 and some WC! Looks like i have to do it... Ha

Back