• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memtest won't run at certain speeds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BiBi

I am trying to find the max of my ram OCZ 2x1GB PC3200 Platinum

when I put the ram above 220 memtest won't run, the system just restarts. at 216 I can run memtest fine with no errors. Does that mean I've maxed out my memory? I thought I was supposed to get errors in memtest... but I can't even get memtest to run at certain speeds....

or am I doing something wrong?

Everything is tested stable at stock speeds.

DFI nF4 Ultra-D (623-2), Venice 3000+, and Fortron BlueStorm 500W.

Ram are in Orange Slots. no dividers.

DRam Voltage is at 2.7, I am trying the recommended settings from OCZ in the bleedinedge forums.

Also cpu multi was lowered to 7 when I was testing the ram.

thanks

Try loosening up the timings, or raising the voltage. What about the other frequencies between 216 and 220, did you test them too? Also how long did you let it run, sometimes it won't give you an error on the first run.

Try 3-3-3-7 timings and 2.8V for the memory. This stuff doesn't overclock much higher than you have now. It's designed for the tightest timings at 200FSB

One thing that you might watn to try is recreating the memtest floppy. For some reason, when I first tried to run memtest on my new system, my system kept rebooting as soon as memtest loaded. I reformatted the floppy and recreated memtest, and it started working. :shrug:

Back