• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Im having some stability issues...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sp1k3

This thread is for the pc in my sig. I first run my computer 18 hours or so on prime95, and it seems to be fine, no errors. But when i feel like seeing what my ram can do i just ease it up to the next setting in bios. The option that runs the ram at 266mhz cant remember what number the bios said but cpu-z says 266mhz on my ram. So then i leave for the day, and run memtest for about 13 hours and it runs and doesnt have any errors when i get back. So then i reboot and then i goto play battlefield 2. And everything seems to be fine at first. But then when i am playing for about 20 minutes or so i notice the hill turn black for about 5 seconds then i look away and then look back and its gone. Then 30 minutes or so pass and then i play different map. I then scope with my m4 and the m4 scope turns all black like it shouldnt be. And then the game freezes completly and then i have to hit the reboot button. And once i boot again i enter bios and then i turn it back down to stock frequency on the ram, and now it seems to be fine. Im not sure whats going on. But im thinking its either my cpu, or its my vcard. I dont think its my ram. Keep in mind my cpu is not the 530j its just the 530, with the D0 stepping. And the 530j has E0. And this cpu wont go past 230fsb without failing prime. I almost in the past tryed running my x800 pro at x800 xt pe speeds, and it seemed to be fine in bf2 for a little then more of that black stuff showed up. So i down clocked. Im starting to think that i should swap over to amd, so far this new lga 775 setup has been nothing but trouble. And this is being said from coming from a 2.4c on an ic7 at (275x12). which pretty much keeps up with this system that i currently have. The only upgrade i see coming from that system is that my vcard is better. Which is a given when going from a ti 4200 to an x800 pro.

Also before i forget, when i first connect to a server and i click join game, i get really laggy for about 1-3 minutes and then there is a really big lag spike, not internet lag but video card lag. LIke the screen freezes for 5 seconds or so then it will be lag free from then on, atleast as it remains on the same map. :shrug:

Current system benches:

cpu arithmetic: 10056 MIPS
ram bandwidth:4967 mb/s
cpu multi-media: 24465 it/s
3dmark03:10kish

2.4c on ic7 board ti 4200 (2x512mb pqi samsung tccd chips, dual channel)

cpu arithmetic: 9671 MIPS
ram bandwidth: 5632 mb/s
cpu multi-media 22794 it/s
3dmark01:12k

Tell me this please. These systems seem very close in benches, and yet they are over a year in production line, and they are about even; except for the video cards. ** sorry for the snottyness of this thread, i just am frustrated to why this system sucks so bad. **

Back