• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can you explain this? memtest problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kmrivers

so, ok. i am overclocking my memory. i changed bioses to see if i could do 1t on my nf7-s. no go. so i flashed back to the previous bios. I am running trats d27edc18. So yeah, before i flashed to the 1t bios, i was stable for 10 hours at 240 2-2-2-11. so i go and test again, and not stable memtest give me errors. nothing changed except for the bios for a whole 5 minutes. i dont know what the problem. Also at these settings memtest is reporting a bandwidth of 1591(cpu unchanged) previously it was telling me 1646.

I am kinda ****ed about this. I run memtest 86+ v1.60 if someone could shed some light on this that would be great. Also i cleared the cmos for about, 10 minutes. Did not help. Please help me out.

Check your timings again. Make sure every thing you had disabled in the bios before (like bios shadowing) is disabled again. Most likely there is just some small setting you missed. If not try reflashing your bios again

Reset your BIOS. Unplug the PSU and pop out the CMOS battery and wait 5-10 mins. This will clear any erroneous settings and put EVERYTHING back to default. Reinstall battery, power on , change any necessary settings and try memtest86 again.

Back