• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shuttle SB83G5 OC (915G/ICH6R) - Where's the PCI Lock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Randyman...

Hi,

I have a Shuttle SB83G5 Small Form Factor PC (915G/ICH6R/P4 3.0E Prescott 775/2x 512 Geil DDR400 RAM/x300 PCI-Exp 16x Graphics/2x 80GB SATA HD's/PATA DVD-R/RME PCI ADAT Audio Interface), and I was trying to OC it the other day, and I can not seem to find the PCI bus lock in the BIOS. I can get 225 FSB easily running Memtest w/o any errors, but I can't boot into Windows even at 210FSB w/o a "System Protect" BSOD? I'm guessing this is PCI related as I can't think of anything else that would cause a BSOD with good Memtest analysis. Everything worlks peachy at 200FSB. 205FSB will BSOD.

Running the most current BIOS AFAIK. Anything come to mind? There is no clearly labeled "PCI Bus Lock" in the BIOS, but I figure there has to be something I can do to OC this mammer jammer :p

:cool:

Last edited:
Bump. Does anyone know where the PCI Bus Lock is in a Shuttle SB-83G5 (FB83 MoBo)? I have been searcing online, and nothing comes up. The manual was also no help.

I want to OC!!! Does my analysis sound right? Will Memtest work fine w/o a PCI Bus Lock (even at 225FSB), but Windows would freak out at 210 FSB due to PCI issues? Does anything else come to mind? Could the processor be that bad that it won't take a 210FSB (but still have no errors on Memtest at 225FSB?). I assumed if Memtest was error-free, that the Processor is handling the OC fairly well. Is this correct?

My Asus P4C800E-Dlx was a breeze to OC, and the PCI Lock is clearly labeled in the BIOS. No such luck on the Shuttle.

:cool:

Back