• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Top 3 Memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

urbanlegend213

Registered
hey i just figured out my money matters yesterday for my new build and i realized i am 130$ over budget so basically i am looking for the top three non-ecc 184 pin memory sticks (either 512mb or 1gb)

Is it better to have a lower memory thing (i.e. pc3200) or higher (i.e.pc4400)

thanks

PC4400 is better but if you have good 3200 sticks you can OC them past that and more.

For the RAM:

1. If you can provide enough Vdimm then some UTT's: Redlines or Gold VX's

2. TCCD/TCC5's are great as well: OCZ Platn Rev2, Patriot XBL, G-skills...

3. And on neutral side you could go for 5B G aka Balistix which have the symptoms of both UTT and TCC5 and clock very well.

urbanlegend213 said:
hey i just figured out my money matters yesterday for my new build and i realized i am 130$ over budget so basically i am looking for the top three non-ecc 184 pin memory sticks (either 512mb or 1gb)

Is it better to have a lower memory thing (i.e. pc3200) or higher (i.e.pc4400)

thanks
One thing to think about when comparing UTT to TCCD(5) is the amount of available vdimm. UTT will give you less than stellar results if you don't have at least 3.2v to give them. TCCD(5) on the other hand has a sweetspot somewhere between 2.6-3.0v.

Back