• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thanks for all the help on my first build!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Raj Mahal

Registered
Hey,

I'd just like to thank everyone who directly gave me advice and everyone else who's posts I read for help on my first build. I put the finishing touches on my build last night, crossed my fingers, and booted up and it worked! I had to bring it back to work to install an OS, so that is what i'm gonna do on my lunch break. I haven't overclocked it or anything, I figure I'll let it run through the weekend and see if there are any kinks that need to be ironed out before I start messing around with settings. Thanks again! :)

Last edited:
Raj Mahal said:
Hey,

I'd just like to thank everyone who directly gave me advice and everyone else who's posts I read for help on my first build. I put the finishing touches on my build last night, crossed my fingers, and booted up and it worked! I had to bring it back to work to install an OS, so that is what i'm gonna do on my lunch break. I haven't overclocked it or anything, I figure I'll let it run through the weekend and see if there are any kinks that need to be ironed out before I start messing around with settings. Thanks again! :)
Cool man. I just built my first "full" system last week, and it's VERY similar to yours (see sig). Although I can't say my build went as smooth as yours, only becasue I'm an idiot :bang head . The important thing is that it's working great now.

I don't see any memory specs in your sig. What are you using? Are you planning to OC? I'm still trying to find the limits of my memory right now. The VIA K8T800 chipset on our boards isn't the best for overclocking :(.

I fixed my sig...I got the OCZ platinum revision 2 (2x512mb). Yeah I heard it isn't the best for overclocking and it doesn't have PCI-Express. But it is supposed to be stable which is essential. I'll overclock it a bit, but not to the extreme.

Back