• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Burning in Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dmo580

Registered
So like I got my OCZ VX. I first burned in at 3.3 @ 2-2-2-10 @ 250mhz. I did a Vdimm measure with my voltmeter later to find out that 3.3 turns out to be about 3.4. I turned off the +0.03v booster and then it dropped to 3.37 or so... still higher than 3.3.

Anyways, I'm at 3.37 and its good till 260 2-2-2-5. 261 gives me errors. I've run 528 passes w/ 166 errors. I say that's fine. I should be pushing 262mhz already because 261 is clearly not stressful enough.

Anyone got a guideline for how to burn in ram properly so you can TRAIN your ram to get better clocks @ same or less voltage? That's my goal. I'm using memtest86 right now btw... is that good enough? If it's good for 0 errors I usually try to go prime for a few hours in Windows.

Someone want to clue me in as to how burn in is supposed to work exactly?

oh and, welcome to the forums.

Burning in RAM is just liek burning in a car, but kinda the opposite. With a car you ease it in slowly. With RAM you pump heat and clocks and voltages into it and you see how well it handles it. Then you voltage starve it to see if it can be trained to use less.

I know OCZ VX is rated 250 2-2-2-8 @ 3.3, but if you burn in 24 hours at that you can get it to 3.2 sometimes. I don't like the idea of needing 3.6 or 3.7 to hit 265. If you burn in properly, 265mhz can be hit with 3.5....

Back