• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mp3 players

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unreal

Registered
im looking into getting an mp3 player, but i wanted something that is small enough for a pocket with a good size hd and is cheap cause i cant afford much,, any suggestions.....? price range i guess is around 20-65 bucks,, most likely ill be looking on ebay for the best deal..

I would seriously consider just saving. For that price, you wont get an hd based MP3 player, probably just a flash one. If you are wanting a good deal, I just spent $180 on a iRiver H10 on ebay, and have not once second guessed on the value of what I did. Its worth every cent.

well i really think maybe a flash drive would be fine then, its only for me to go biking with and other things... but i wanted the biggest space and quality for the money,

yeah on ebay that creative sells for around 50,, not bad, i mgiht go that route..

hmm yeah ebay shows them for buy it now 120, i might go that route for a gig, thx for the ideas.... anymore?

I have the iRiver H10 20GB series, and paid a little over $175 (open box item at Best Buy). I would say save some money and get a good mp3 player. dont bother with an ipod, over priced and feature less.

If you are going to hit the $100-$200 price range, you may want to consider a ipod mini 4gig or ipod shuttle.
Thanks

unreal said:
hmm yeah ebay shows them for buy it now 120, i might go that route for a gig, thx for the ideas.... anymore?

if you're looking at mp3 players in that price range, there is also a sweet looking mobiblu 1gb player that walmart sells, and the 1gb ipod shuffle. these options you could buy at a local store and would be easier to try out/return if you don't like them.

yeah know these bigger ones are better for size, but i was looking for something small and cheaper..
*edit*
also im looking for,i guess now, a flashdrive type, that doesnt need software for it, but makes it like a usb drive, and could be firmware upgraded...50-150 range

Last edited:
those 2 i mentioned are the 2 smallest mp3 players available. they also both come in 512mb versions for $99

the mobiblu is the smallest mp3 player, is flash, it's firmware is upgradeable, and it doesn't need software. $99 and $129

its cons are
-need proprietary cable to connect to a computer
-battery life is subpar, but not horrible
-screen readability is questionable outdoors (so i have heard)

Last edited:
Back