• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg Support

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Midnight Dream

OSPF Loving Member
I just wanted to drop a praise for Newegg, and Jason, specifically. Here is the situation.

Yesterday, I and another member made a rather hefty order, of about $350, and as I always do, went to pay via paypal's instant transfer feature. So I process it and all, and get to the pay option, to find that instant transfer is disabled. Figuring it might be a thing with the account (since my friend complied the order on his newegg account, and I did the checkout with my newegg account), I moved the entire order to my account and tried processing it. Same deal.

So, I call up Newegg, and get somebody on the line after a small wait (very small, im happy about that). Stating the problem, they inform me that Newegg does not and never has accepted instant transfers. Odd, I have done several orders before. I get Jason's extension, call support again, and dial him up.

I explain the situation to Jason, including the mention of the previous tech support call (which, as Jason informed me, was incorrect information) and we both go through creating a new order, to see if something is wrong on the Newegg end. Nada. So, he tells me he will look into it, and I run off to call PayPal tech support.

The lady I spoke with was informative, stating that there was no hold on my PayPal account, and that there were no reported issues with the Newegg account, so the issue would be a flag that my bank was raising, stating I could not do the instant transfer. She also stated, that they do not know what flags are being raised to stop such things. It would be helpful to the customer, neh.

Ok, so I call my bank up, and talk to them, see if they can help. :rolleyes: Nobody at the bank had ever heard of PayPal, let alone know of how to stop a instant transfer going through. Called back to Jason and updated him on the situation, and he informed me what was happening on his end, after he had gone through accounting and all. Still no luck. We talk alittle more, and I state that im going to attempt it again at home. He tells me to call him back if it works, and he will talk to accounting and have it processed quicker, cause of all the trouble.

So, I go home, bring up the order once more, cross my fingers and submit it. Much to my surprise, I see the instant transfer option, enabled and ready to go. I call up Jason and he brings my order up, I press submit and pay, and within a few minutes my order is at step 3. I look it up today and its already waiting to be shipped out. Much faster than any other orders I have done, for a much much less quantity of items.

I can say that Newegg has once again shown to have some of the best customer service, and (despite) alittle bit of misinformation, Jason was incredibly helpful, in every way he could be, and should be commended greatly for his work.

Nice when a store takes your money and makes you happy about it. Must be doing something right. :D

Newegg is on my A list of E-tailers.

Newegg is the best retailer for sure, and Jason is a real asset to both his employer and his customers. We are lucky for the privilege of dumping our concerns at his capable feet.

Jason was incredible for me as well, when I bought my Theatrix card it was without the driver cd, and not available for download anywhere. So I contacted him and within 3 days, it was at my door.

i have been time and time again blown away by his unrelentless attempts to right the wrongs, and thus have given newegg an image beforehand was never possible, all hail the god of online retail! NEWEGG!

Back