• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ocz 4000vx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nanometer

Registered
I have a ASUS A8N-SLI Premium mobo with 2x512 OCZ 4000VX. I can't get both sticks to run 2-2-2-8 even with 3.0 volts. I'm running BIOS versions 1005.bin. Any help?

"This is at DDR400 speeds?"

-Yea

And, I thought it's Bh-5. Ch-5 doesn't handle volts very well even at 3.0 volts, let alone 3.5

I'll try setting the cas to 2, and that only and see if it helps.

Passes memtest at 2-3-3-8, ill try 2-3-2-8 at 3.0 volts.

I asked a friend and it is a new version of Ch-5, I had no idea :eek:.

Last edited:
I can't say i'm not supprised. The new UTT's take at least 3.2v of vdimm to be effective. That's why whenever i suggest the VX to anyone i make sure they're gonna have the available voltage.

Have you tested the sticks by themselves just to make sure you don't have one stick that is causing the errors?

The VX line is CH and the regular 3200 and 3500 Gold are BH. Value VX can be either BH or CH, to test just check if it will do 2-2-2 DDR400 @ 2.8v.

Nanometer said:
Ch-5 doesn't handle volts very well even at 3.0 volts, let alone 3.5
That is not true. VX works fine at 3.5v, that is why it is warrantied to 3.5v. It is very good RAM if you have the volts it needs.

Nanometer said:
I'm talking about old ch-5 before the revosion... not the vx..
Not really true. The thing with CH-5 is there is no significant gain with the addition of voltage within 2.6-2.9v. However when 3.2v+ are applied, these ICs can really fly.

Back