• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good system, crappy performance.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Schalldampfer

I was playing KOTOR I at 1024x768 with everything on without soft shadow, which can't be enabled for some reason, and when I got outside the Jedi Academy in Datoonie, my FPS dropped to 2. I have A64 3200, Asus K8V SE Deluxe, X800XT AIW and 1 gig of RAM. What the crap is going on?

Do you have anything else running at the same time as the game that could be hurting performance?

You never know, I guess.... hmmmmm..... check in the task manager to doulbly make sure that there is nothing else running.

Hmm, it sounds like a driver problem to me, I would try the most current Catalyst drivers to see if that fixes it.

It's a problem with ATI's openGL drivers, and I do believe the only way to fix the problem is use older Cat's for the videocard. I believe 4.11's solved the problem.

I could never get it to work right, what i would do is just hit th windows key, and then go back to the game, it would work fine for me, until i went into a menu of somesort in the game, then i would need to repeat.

no if this happens when you leave the jedi accademy on dantoone this is not your computer. It's a software glitch. I had the exact same thing happen when I was there and it's a problem with KOTR not your PC.

Alright, thanks for the reassurance, Tal. And as to the drivers, I don't think I have the courage to change them... BF 2 being as unstable as it is...

yeah also there are like 1 or 2 other spots where this happens like there is this one spot on this island near the end of the game outside this temple I experianced it as well. I don't know if it's badly coded or what but I always experianced massive FPS drop to like 1-2 FPS and jumpyness at that exact spot where you run out of the acadamy into the actual field at the spot where you are heading out to rescue that one jedi that turned to the dark side.

Back