• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer Problem - Stays at first screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kalivos

Computer as listed in sig. Goes to the first screen, counts up my total memory, and then just sits and does nothing. On the mobo, if I turn the clk_switch(or whatever it's called) up towards the word on, it will not do anything except light up. When it's switched off, it stays at that main screen. Also it lists my CPU as being 1100mhz.

What could be this issue? :shrug:

Alright, messed with it a bit, and now It lets me into the BIOS and lets me mess with the stuff. Still reading it at 1100mhz, but that's because having the switch dealy set to off defaults the cpu to 100mhzfsb as far as I can tell from the manual. This is still confusing me. :bang head

FSB needs to be changed to 200mhz.

make sure your memory timings are not set too tight. I don't know the timings for that memory but try 3-4-4-8, to start with.

According to the BIOS, it is set at 400mhz. :eek:

I'm installing Windows XP right now on the system. Should be done in a bit. Had a lot of difficulty, and the ide cable that came with my HDD was messed up, so bah. Running the HDD and the CD Drive off of the one cable that came with the mobo, and with the crap case I have, that was quite a hassle. Not to mention my new hdd got scraped it bit by it. I can only get two screw to hold the mobo into the case(Case is the biggest crap ever, next paycheck, getting a much better case), and blah blah blah. Still reads it as 1100mhz. :(

I know this, but it currently cannot be avoided. :( Fixed all other major issues now, pretty much.

hey, im having the same problem with a gigabyte server board...lemme know how long it takes XP to isntal...it took roughly 40minutes to get to the format screen.at which point i said screw it

Back