• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DIMM Extension Cable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

odium

I am designing a very small case that needs to be shorter than conventional PC2100 RAM will allow, and I can't find 1GB of VLP (very low profile) PC2100 RAM that is not registered...

Are there any flexible DIMM cables that I can use to fold the ram over or move it from the hard-wired slot? I need the RAM moved from where it is and put in it's own location or folded over similar to how laptop RAM is designed.

There used to be something similiar for old 30 pin and 72 pin SIMM (commonly refered to SIMMTree but would do what you needed) I don't think anything exists for modern DD2 and other fast DIMM because adding extra length could mess the timing.

odium said:
I am designing a very small case that needs to be shorter than conventional PC2100 RAM will allow, and I can't find 1GB of VLP (very low profile) PC2100 RAM that is not registered...

Are there any flexible DIMM cables that I can use to fold the ram over or move it from the hard-wired slot? I need the RAM moved from where it is and put in it's own location or folded over similar to how laptop RAM is designed.

get your hands on a laptop mobo, and use that, and just use laptop memory

I don't believe any sort of extender cable exists, or would even be possible to use with DDR. You might want to search for a right-angle adapter for the DIMM slot, but I haven't seen those outside of SODIMM slots.

Mini-ITX.com has an Ultra-Low Profile 256MB stick; maybe you can find similar sizes if you look hard enough.

Back