• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wow.... Just wow...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AEsnowboarding

So I was on a tech support call yesterday and one of the stores we have had a crashed sever with a bad motherboard. They did not want to transfer the the hard drives over to the new server we were going to send them so I said "Ok Next Day Air the hard drives to me and we will put them in the new server we are sending you." So I got the Fed Ex package today and to my surprise I found...... The circut boards from the bottom of the hard drive. Thats right the took the boards out sent them and not the actuall hard drive. So with a grin I called the store back and asked them "could you please send me the rest of the hard drive?" I have never ever heard of this happening ever. Now how in the hell am I going to find out what hard drive and what circut board go together, and will there be anyway to get htem working again? HA :bang head

Heh most likely they are using the driver platters as coasters around the office. You didn't need those right? :)

thats pathetisad......wow is all i have to say, even my grandparents would never think of doing that....and they dont know a hard drive from a hard cover book

Can you legally set those people free in a random part of the forest, and hunt them down with a large caliber nerf gun?

If so, do it!

MadSkillzMan said:
well, if its a server, prebuilt, ideally shouldnt all drives be identical?
It doesn't quite work that way. The controller boards, although they are the same design and use similar (but slightly different, within spec) parts and if you use the controller board from one drive with another, it might not work right. This was a huge problem in the early days of hard drives when the controller cards were seperate and not integrated into the drives.

Back