• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Huge Problem, Please Help me!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SSVicious

Registered
Hi. i just bought two sticks of RAM, a celeron processor, and a new motherboard, and a new video card.

I put all of the stuff together and plugged it all in. When I press the power button, the cpu fan turns on, the hard drive LED turns on (the one on the HD itself), and the light on the cd drive turns on, but never turns off. Also, pressing the button on the cd drive does not open the drive. Also, the computer never posts because the monitor is never initialized. I can't see if the video card is getting power because it doesnt have an LED or a fan. I get no beeps when I turn the computer on. The power supply fan also comes on.

I have switched out the power supply, and even took the motherboard back to the store and got a new one.

What could the problem be? All the parts are compatible. The only thing I'm not sure about is the motherboard because it is a very cheap mobo. It costed 30 DOLLARS... it is made by Foxconn (it is a 648/661). I've never bought such a cheap mobo, I always get a known brand such as MSI or Gigabyte that costs at least a 100 dollars.

Does anyone know about Foxconn mobos and whether or not cheap mobos are known to be defective often or something?

I am at a complete loss for what to do. I know everything is plugged in correctly. What part could be the problem?

I don't have another CPU to switch out or RAM, I've switched out all the parts I can.

Any ideas? PLEASE HELP!

I will be leaving for college in a few days, and I won't be able to help my grandpa set up his computer, so could some PLEASE help me quickly?

Just guessing you have tried with the bare minimum connected?
Reseat the CPU, ram, GFX and clear CMOS for precaution.
Double check powerconnections,
Any speaker connected to see if there are beep/s?
Tried to find that board specific to learn more of it, can you give me/us specific characteristics of the board? http://www.foxconnchannel.com/productsOverview_motherboard.cfm?pSocket=&pChipset=
It would help, me anyways, to know which of the boards it is. 648/661 only lets me guess which of 'em it is. As one can see at their homepage, there are several different types. :D

//Christian

Back