• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ram clock??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Genis B

does anyone own a hyundai 256 mb DDR PC2100 ram? the setting i am running now is 8883723, but itz got very crap mem score in sandra 2001. can anyone tell me watz the best setting on this ram.

What would be the scores? Until the new Via chipset comes out dont expect too much out of your DDR memory, it does outperform normal ram but the new chipset is said to have 50% more memory performance out of it

yer well i've just bought this system and i really want to get the most out of it. so what would u recommend for the cas?

As you can see i have Crucial DDR ram and it comes at 2.5cas but i set it at 2. If you want the most performance out of your memory, set it at 2.

-Exi|e-: Which new VIA chipset are you speaking of? The KT266A is out, are you referring to the KT333? Just wondering which you were talking about...
Peace
John

I got 512Mb Crucial DDR 2100. I can barely find a limit on the 2 sticks!

Got it running right upto 168MHz FSB 8882622 Timings. And found a limit with northbridge when running at lower timings @ 175Mhz FSB 8883733!!!

Right now running at lower FSB because my GF3 gets weird at high FSBs. Strange though, the ram dont normally get hot, but at the following timings, the modules are roasting...

158Mhz FSB @ 8862222

Getting mem bandwidth higher than at 168Mhz FSB 88837333 so I am pleased. Need some heatspreaders though coz Im running the ram at 2.9v :)

wat happens if i set the timing like 8883723 too high? wat will happen? will it be same the CAS like if it doesn't support it then it will not even let u go into bios?

DDR Sticks aren't like you think they are. Timings can be set very low. It doesnt normally matter if the stick doesnt support that timing. Its just getting your ram to work at these settings that is hard.

Firstly, Micron modules are excellent. If your ram has these modules expect a decent overclock.

Secondly, voltage will help your ram go further. You may need protection in the form of heatspreaders to keep the rams life expectancy high.

Thirdly, if you ram does not work at the high speeds, windows will tell you. By this I mean registry failure, BSOD's or lockups.

Upping the ram voltage does a lot. Like I said, I can hit almost any FSB with the voltage at 2.9v

Back