• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The EGG is on their game!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

danzio

I ordered a barebones system yesterday morning before I left for work, about 6:30 PDT. It arrived at my office this morning at 11:55 PDT. Regular FedX SuperSaver. Now I know I am only a few miles (literally) from their warehouse but that still blew me away.

NEWEGG YOU ROCK!!! :thup:

I ordered a video card for a friend at work yesterday, I ordered it around noon (Indy time) and it didn't actually get packaged and shipped until today, First time I have not had an item ship the same day it was ordered. Not complaining at all, Just kind of caught me by surprise.

ScottinIndy said:
I ordered a video card for a friend at work yesterday, I ordered it around noon (Indy time) and it didn't actually get packaged and shipped until today, First time I have not had an item ship the same day it was ordered. Not complaining at all, Just kind of caught me by surprise.
On the otherhand, I just ordered a 6600 GT on Tuesday and it shipped the same day from the NJ warehouse. I recieved the card on Thursday (NW suburbs of Chicago).

Go Newegg!

Fr3@k3r said:
Errr!

i hate newegg for being on the east coast... i live in Wa St so every time i order is processed and packaged and shipped on day 1... but doesnt get here till day 4-5

Neweggs default location is in Cali, though they have a warehouse in NJ as well. It all just depends on what you ordered. I made a rather large order, and part was shipped from Cali, part from NJ. They will both arrive on the same day though, as they both arrived in FL at the same time.

Midnight Dream said:
Neweggs default location is in Cali, though they have a warehouse in NJ as well. It all just depends on what you ordered. I made a rather large order, and part was shipped from Cali, part from NJ. They will both arrive on the same day though, as they both arrived in FL at the same time.

I've had that happen a lotta times... two different warehouses. I live in NY, so I love it when things are shipped from NJ, although I feel like lately it takes 3 bus days to get items rather than 2 (like it used to be).

g0dM@n said:
I've had that happen a lotta times... two different warehouses. I live in NY, so I love it when things are shipped from NJ, although I feel like lately it takes 3 bus days to get items rather than 2 (like it used to be).

As a fellow NYer, I've noticed no difference with stuff being shipped out of the NJ warehouse vs the CA one.

I've placed orders that end up coming from the NJ, TN, and CA warehouse, yet they all arrive on the same day unless something shipped a day early. They also always arrive one day before the expected delivery date, which ends up being 3 days.

So both Newegg and FedEx are on their game for me.

lol, everybody gets theirs before the expected delivery date, except me. heck, if something of mine is sent out for delievery before the date, I usually see a message with it being returned to the shipping station, stating that it is not scheduled for delivery. Not complaining that its delivered on time, but to take it back because its a day early, just pure bs, IMO.

Be nice if they get their pricing in order as of late rather than gouging, personally my choice is ZZF and their free FedX 2nd day delivery

Cisco Kid said:
Be nice if they get their pricing in order as of late rather than gouging, personally my choice is ZZF and their free FedX 2nd day delivery

They do take 15 days to pack the item, though... let's see how long my X850XT PCI-E takes... I ordered it several hours ago. It better ship Monday b/c they'll have the order ready to go as soon as they get their Monday morning. If they don't, then I would just say that they suck at prompt shipment.

g0dM@n said:
They do take 15 days to pack the item, though... let's see how long my X850XT PCI-E takes... I ordered it several hours ago. It better ship Monday b/c they'll have the order ready to go as soon as they get their Monday morning. If they don't, then I would just say that they suck at prompt shipment.

I have never had an issue with time period ZZF takes to ship and I have shipped to WA state. All orders from the day I made them have reached me in 3 business days, if ordered Saturday I have seen on Tues but generally the Wed item is in. For this week ZZF has blown the pants off newegg with deals

Lat said:
newegg would be the rox if they only shipped to canada. sigh.

maybe they will someday. That would bring alot of business to them, i dont understand why they havent done it yet. $$$

Fr3@k3r said:
Errr!

i hate newegg for being on the east coast... i live in Wa St so every time i order is processed and packaged and shipped on day 1... but doesnt get here till day 4-5

even if they had to ship from the east coast it should arrive two to three days later. With Fedex Saver shipping they use both Air and Ground.

Midnight Dream said:
if something of mine is sent out for delievery before the date, I usually see a message with it being returned to the shipping station, stating that it is not scheduled for delivery. Not complaining that its delivered on time, but to take it back because its a day early, just pure bs, IMO.

That happens to me sometimes, too. FedEx Saver shipping is why it happens. It is FedEx Express, except 3 day instead of 2 day service. It gets to the point where it gets on the truck within 2 days, period. If they take it from the truck to your house on that 2nd day, though, I think depends on if they have time. With 2 day, on that 2nd day, they have to get it to your door no matter what, but not with Saver. So its really not BS, its just the way it is.

Back