• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ncch-dl oc'ing issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JasonM

Registered
hey everyone,
im having a weird issue with oc'ing my 2.4 gig D1 sl26v 1.5v or something like that on my asus ncch-dl mobo. when i set the jumper to 133mhz i can max it out to 164 mhz with a 18x and that gets me like 2.95 gigs or so. but when i set the jumber to 166mhz the bios says its at 200mhz and when the os boots cpuz tells me that the processor its at 1.8 gigs which mean that its only booting at 100mhz.

if i set the jumper to 200mhz the board wont even boot to the bios, im assuming that there is some sort of heat issue there.

anyone else have this problem or it is just me?

No there's a problem with windows when you boot at 200 MHz it only reconizes it as 100 MHz. You are really bootign at 200MHz so don't worry.

If you can't get the BIOS straightened out, try using Clockgen. The NCCH-DL is supported there, and it should get around any weird jumper issues or the like. Hope that helps.

JasonM said:
really?

hmm thats weird both cpu-z and clock gen both said it was at 100mhz

I might be wrong but I thought I just saw a thread saying something about that, and thats how you can get Xeons to boot over 200 MHz in windows.

To boot at 166 you need to hold the insert key if I remember right.

To boot at 200 Fsb you need to up the voltage to 1.6 on the chips..

diehrd said:
To boot at 166 you need to hold the insert key if I remember right.

To boot at 200 Fsb you need to up the voltage to 1.6 on the chips..

lol hold the insert key? wow thats strange, but its worth a try

yeah the 166 jumper is not supported and usually throws a fit when used. Also make sure your jumpers are horizontal as I made the mistake of putting mine in vertical when I set my board for 200 mhz. Manual doesn't specify the jumpes just looks like a block.

on the NCCH-DL, i never tried to boot with the 166mhz fsb jumper setting, although, i have used the 133mhz fsb setting, overclocked it to 164mhz and then used clockgen to boost the fsb even more in windows...particularly when lowering the multiplier to 15x or so, you should be able to get 15x200 in windows...

also, to boot at 200mhz fsb, you'll need chips capable of 3.6ghz (18x200) for a split second at least (assuming you have already lowered the multiplier to 15x or something)...many chips will need a 1.55 or 1.6v pin mod for that...

Back