• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin HP 2x1GB troubles (just got it)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

acrh2

Registered
Having trouble with Mushkin HP 2x1GB, which I just received. It came with silver heatspreaders and black pcb, so it must be a new batch. I can get it going @ stock, and @ ~220-225MHz by dropping cas to 2.5. However, my cpu tops out 2800, so I would really like to get it going @ 255 or 233MHz. I suspect my ram timings are off. Simply dropping cas to 3 and other timings to 3-3-8 or such doesn't work @ 233MHz (memtest errors). My motherboard is Abit AN8 SLI, which has a load of ram timing settings. The way to set them is to flip through AUTO-SPD-MANUAL mode. Upon switching from AUTO to SPD, actual timing number appear visible (but not editable), then flipping to MANUL allows me to change them. The default SPD settings are therefore my starting point:
tcl(2)-trcd(3)-trp(2)-tras(6)
trc(11)
trfc(24)
trrd(2)
twr(3)
twtr(2)
trtw(3)
Burst length(4)
Command rate(1)

I would appreciate if someone could post working timings for 233 or 255MHz.
Thanks.

Back