• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

molex pins/connectors.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RMT99e

Hey, i want to remove molex pins to easier sleve and possibly get some uv reactive blue connectors.. What do i need to remove and put these pins back in place besides maybe a extracter? thanks! :cool:

Thats all you really need is the extractor, sleeving and heatshrink tubing, some kind of heatsource and some scissors. Some other things cab be helpful, like a sharpie to mark your wires, tape to help fish the wires through the sleeving without snagging etc. but that stuff is not essential.

Alright cool. I found it hard to get some sleeving over molex connectors, so this should provide a better fit for sleeving now that i can get it on :)

oh yeah, wheres a good place to buy heatshrink.. and i noticed the stuff some places put at ends, what kind of tape is that?Also what store has removers and connecters..i dont want to use ebay. thanks.

Last edited:
I bought all my heatshrink tubing from either Jabtech or this ebay seller. http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZcecoelectricsales
They dont have anything listed at the moment but give them an email and if they have any left im sure they will sell to ya. It was $.99 for 4 foot plus $4 shipping. That may not seem like a good deal but every added peice was just $.25 more shipping so I bought like 9 different sizes and in all different colors for $16 shipped. 36 feet of shrinkwrap for $16 isnt all that bad.

I just hope they still have some cause they were my main supplier!

As for removing the pins be VERY careful not to push too hard with the extractor. I have destroyed the little barbs that hold the pins in place by pushing too hard before they were squished enough. So now I wiggle the extractor around until it pushes easily....... unless I know im going to rewire the pins. Then I dont care.

In any case you might want to buy yourself a crimper and some pins to make sure you have a "just in case" ;)

JT

Alright, i didn't yet purchase the tool yet.. So ill keep that in mind. Im thinking of buying tomorrow...

Heatshrink at the ends thats a great idea :)..thanks for that source, i'll send a email his way.

RMT99e said:
Alright, i didn't yet purchase the tool yet.. So ill keep that in mind. Im thinking of buying tomorrow...

Heatshrink at the ends thats a great idea :)..thanks for that source, i'll send a email his way.

If you need molex pin removers (ATX, female AND male), PM me. I make them, but i'm not sure if you hvae classies access yet. If you do, check out the services section ;)

Back